Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best in Show: 2011

This is my third annual round up of the best art shows of the year (see 2010 and 2009).

1 Mark Leckey at Printemps de Septembre
2 Friedrich Kunath at Whitecube Hoxton Square
3 Christoph Buchel's Piccadilly Community Centre
4 Thomas Hirschorn at the Swiss Pavillion at the Venice Biennale
5 Wolfgang Tilmans at Andrea Rosen (chosen by Beatrix Ruf)
6 The launch of French Riviera gallery culminating in the brilliant Les Televisions
7 Without Sanctuary (thought this was far more than exhibition and shouldnt really be judged in these confines)
8 Ostalgia at the New Museum (glimpse of Michael Schmidt U-NI-TY installationbelow)
10 The New Psychedelica at MU (I know I curated this but I was so pleased with the outcome and it was so important to me it would be ridiculous not to choose it. Still from Carlos Laszlo's film below)

No comments: